Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Im like a chicken layin some eggs.....

This morning was my egg retrieval at Emory. I'm thankful that I was put to sleep for this procedure so I didn't have to feel anything. They say they give you enough anesthesia to heavily sedate you but you're still alert and can breath on your own and be responsive, but not me I passed out :) So the nurse is with me the whole time telling me to breathe because the medicine makes you so lazy you forget to breathe on your own and she put an oxygen mask on me because I fell asleep. The procedure took about an hour and then it took me another hour to wake up, I guess I was very tired! Tim drove me home and then he had to leave for Kentucky for a business meeting. I miss you already Timbo! I just slept on the couch all day until my parents came over after work to keep me company. Also I had to start taking my progesterone shots tonight and I needed someone to give them to me since Tim wasn't here. My Dad was brave enough to do it. The nurse had given me a "how to video" that I showed my parents so they would know how to give me the shot. Dad took the job very seriously, it was so cute! Here's a video my Mom took, I thought it would be cool to give everyone an inside look of what IVF is like. Oh and a lil side note: please ignore my big belly the retrieval procedure and the shots im taking make me look like im already 6 month pregnant!!Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Nice tan lines! Glad everything went well today and you were able to get a great snoozaroo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i give your dad major props! praying for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with it all honey....will be praying for you and Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why but this brought tears to my eyes! You are so brave Sara! It really makes me extra thankful for my sweet babies! I pray for you daily! I know God will bless you!!!!!!!! Good Luck and keep it up girl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete