Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bloated

I spent yesterday at the hospital because my belly is misbehaving. I’m retaining fluid in my ovaries and my belly is HUGE!! No joke, I look like I’m five months pregnant. The doctor said I have a mild case of OHSS and they are keeping me on close watch. They are trying to get my body to flush itself so I won’t have to be drained. Not only do I look like a cow, but I feel like a hot mess; all the pressure on my belly really hurts. I have to drink a lot of Gatorade to flush my body, but when I feel bloated and full the last thing I wanna do is fill up more with liquid. I also have to measure my pee. It’s funny cause I have to pee into this thing that fits on my toilet seat to measure the volume then I pour it in the toilet. I’m also measuring my belly and my weight. I have to log everything and I got to the doctor on Wednesday to see if it got worse and to measure my progesterone levels. I think the bloating is a side effect of the progesterone shots only six more weeks of those, so I guess it will be awhile till I feel normal. This is very difficult for me because I’m used to being healthy and active and it’s just very frustrating for me.

1 comment:

  1. Continuing to pray for you and your beautiful embryos! Let me know how your doctors appointment goes today!

    ReplyDelete