Saturday, June 19, 2010

Beautiful embryos!!

I just got home from the transfer. This morning I was very emotional and I cried the entire ride to the hospital. I think it was a mix of nerves and excitement and just a cry out to God to let this work. I have such a desire to be a mother and it's not to fill some kind of void in my life, to make me feel happy or to make me complete and I don't want to have a baby so I feel like I fit in with other people my age. I want to be a Mom because God put that desire in my heart. I want to raise my babies to know Jesus and to be in love with him and grow up to be good and faithful servants.
This process has seemed so surreal and unnatural until today when the doctor came in and told us with a big smile that we had beautiful embryos. Then she showed us a picture of them and it felt like I was looking at my babies!! It was a very emotional experience and it just made it seem so real, it's finally here!
The transfer went really well and they had to do assisted hatching to make sure the embryos stick. The embryologist said the wall on the embryos was very thick so they really recommended that we do the assisted hatching. I figure we've come this far why wouldn't we do everything we needed to do to make this work, even if it did cost more money.
Tim got to put on scrubs and be in the room during the transfer and we got to watch the whole thing on the ultra sound. The doctor said the catheter went in so smoothly and the eggs released perfectly. I felt so at peace during the procedure and I know it was because I truly felt all the prayers of our friends and family! I'm being so sincere when I say thank you from the bottom of my heart for your prayers! It has really touched me to get all the phone calls, emails, texts, comments and personal visits from people praying for me. I really feel Gods hands all over this and I'm so positive about the outcome. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Now it's time to nap! Got to be on bed rest for a lil bit, but dont worry Timmy went to get me some movies. He's taking good care of me.

Here are a couple pictures from our big day! This one is of our Beautiful baby embryos.


This one is of the transfer. That is a picture of my uterous and if you look close you can see a white horizontal line, thats the catheter implanting the embryos.



This is Dr Greene in his scrubs



Me waiting to get er done!

8 comments:

  1. I cried reading this! I felt very similar to you the day of our IUI - emotional but also at peace. I know that peace came from all the prayers surrounding us and look where we are now - 4 months pregnant! Those beautiful embryos are going to be your beautiful babies and no one deserves it more! I love you both and I'm so, so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYAYAYAYAYYYYYYYYYY! I can't wait to meet those twins in 9 months! ;) Love you guys and we are so happy your dream is coming true. Being a parent changes your life and flips it around in the most amazing way! Prayers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for you guys and love you both and your babies so so so so much!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful embryos! Congratulations, yall! We can't wait to see yall as parents! We're praying all the way through, all the way from Japan! We love you and are thinking of you always! Adam and Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome and beautiful are those babies!!! God works His miracles in so many amazing ways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am praying for you and I am SO happy for you two and know this is all working is His way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe this made me teary... Those are beautiful embryos! I am praying for you and Tim and know that God is looking down on you both and will do everything in his power to help those embryos along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for the both of you! I know this has been something you both have been waiting for and it's awesome to just sit back and watch God answer prayers! If you need anything while on bed rest just let me know....I'm just down the street!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This latest post really brought me back to our time. I truly pray this process works on the first try. I must say that after having seen pictures of embryos, those look really good:) I bet twins are in your future. I hope your baby/babies are as much blessing to you as Colin is to us!!! It WILL all be worth it!

    ReplyDelete