Saturday, June 12, 2010

God answers the simple prayers

I got to start my Saturday off right by going to the doctor :) On my way to Emory I have a lot of time in the car to pray and today I had a lil request for God that seemed silly to ask for. Do you ever think "I shouldn't ask God for this because it's such a silly thing to pray for, I'm sure this isn't important to God?" Well, I think that if there is something that concerns me enough to pray about it then God is even more concerned about it.
When I go to Emory there is usually a different nurse or doctor working every day which means I always get a different person doing my ultra sound. When ever they have a male doctor doing the exam they always have another person in the room. I guess this is to make me feel more comfortable because there is another person there to make sure no monkey business is going on. But when its a female nurse there doesn't have to be another person in the room so that's what I'm always praying for. A couple times I've been, there have been two male doctors in the room to do my crotch pictures. I assure you I don't feel more comfortable having two doctors in the room to take pictures of my ovaries.
This morning on my car ride when I prayed I was like "God, I've been going in to do these ultra sounds every day this week and I need you to help me keep a joyful attitude about it and it would really help if I had a female nurse do my ultra sound today." I kinda felt silly to pray for something like that, but I think God isn't to busy to help with the small things. So grateful to say he answered my prayer ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment