Thursday, July 1, 2010

Prayers for Healing and Praise!

Man that picture was just taken a couple days ago and I only wish I looked like that now :( I've gained a total of 25 pounds of fluid in less than a week and when my belly couldn't expand anymore it spread to my sides and back, butt, thighs, legs, and even my choochie! Thats right people, not a pretty sight. I got drained again on Wednesday another 3 liters, but unfortunately it doesn't make a difference looks wise. The draining did relieve a lot of pressure from my chest and lungs so I can breath better, but the fluid just comes back and moves to different areas.
This not only is very painful for me physically, but mentally as well. I was exhausted from being cooped up in the hospital and had a lil mental break down and started crying.... right as my doctor walked in! He asked if I needed a social worker ;) I'm like no I'd just really like my skin to stop feeling like its about to rip!
There is no cure for OHSS, I just have to give it time to flush out of my body. The good thing is I am peeing a lot more which means my body is trying to get rid of the fluid. It's a slow process and could take two weeks to a month to clear up. The doctor released me to go home (even though I look so much worse than when I came in on Sunday)and told me to drink TONS of fluid, eat a lot of protein and have a lot of salt and If I have trouble breathing come back in to get drained, but until then give it time. Not the answer or cure I wanted. I wish there was a faster way for this to go away.
Here's some pictures of the draining process, and yes I snuck my iphone into the room!
My stomach getting drained

The tube that sucks the fluid up into the vacuum

Being drained

The fluid from my belly

My calf boots to prevent blood clots


and despite how horrible my body feels I have a reason to be overfilled with joy.......... IM PREGNANT!!! That's right the doctor went ahead and did a blood test while I was there and we are definitely preggers!

4 comments:

  1. Yay!!! It's finally official!!!!! Congratulations Sara and Tim!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful... CONGRATS on being pregnant!! All of this suffering will be so worth it in the end! Hope all gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats amazing! Congrats to you and Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being preggers! Sorry to hear that you have had to start off this journey in such an awful way, but it will all be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete