Saturday, July 17, 2010

Past Weeks Events

I was hesitant to share what's been going on this past week, but since I've been so open about everything else in this process and have some amazing prayer warriors out there reading this blog I thought it would be good to tell you whats been happening.
Last Thursday was suppose to be our first ultra sound where we would see how many babies took and hopefully see a heart beat. On Tuesday I woke up with bad cramps and when I got to work I started bleeding, not spotting, bleeding. I panicked and called my nurse who was on vacation and my doctor was not there either. I had to leave a message with an on call doctor to get back to me. I guess the mother instinct comes early cause there was no way I was going to wait around for them to call back. I got in my car and headed toward Emory. Tim called the reproductive center to let them know I was on my way.
I had an ultra sound done and it took a while because they said they had a lot to measure and wanted to see what was going on. Since I was just 5 weeks and 5 days it was very early to get a clear picture what was going on and why I was bleeding. They did see two lil yolk sacs and in one of them they saw a lil baby with a flicker (that's the heart beat) and they called that one baby A. The other sac baby B was further away so they couldn't see much going on with that one. The Doctor didnt give me much of an answer, but just told me to be patient and let my body run its course and call if things got worse and they scheduled my next ultra sound for the following Wednesday.
The bleeding didn't stop and I needed some reassurance that the babies were both still there, so we called and got another ultra sound for Friday. At Friday's ultra sound they could see a bit clearer. The reason for my bleeding is I have a blood clot in my placenta. The doctor said my body is either trying to miscarry one or both babies or it might just clear up and not harm either babies. The biggest relief is I got to see both babies were still there!! We even got to hear their heart beats and they were only 6 weeks and 2 days old. Their heart beat were weak, baby A 83 and baby B 73 but it might just be because of their age and not the blood clot.
Our next ultra sound is next Friday which seems like an eternity away to check on my lil babies. I can't believe how attached I've become to these lil babies in me. Now that I've seen both of them I want them both so bad! There is nothing I can do for the blood clot. I just have to wait and see what happens and be on bed rest as much as possible. Please pray for their health and that their lil heart beats will grow stronger and that my blood clot will clear up and not effect the health of my babies. We were so excited when we found out that we were pregnant, but to now find out we have twins is more than a double blessing!! Here's some pictures of our lil sweat peas, literally they are the size of peas ;)

Baby A


Baby B


Twins!

4 comments:

  1. We are praying for you guys... All FOUR of you!!! I'm sorry you are having to go through this, and I do know next Friday is eternity here in our world. We love you guys and find Peace in knowing the four of you are in HIS hands!! GOD Bless You Tim, Sarah, BA & BB

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Sea Bass loves peas!! I'll start looking for some overalls

    ReplyDelete
  3. These little twins are fighters and are getting stronger every day! We love them already!! Our prayers are with all 4 of you - nothing is too big for God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Thanks Everyone! We are pretty attached to these little ones! God is in control and thank you for your prayers! Nothing is to big for God and I know he has great plans for these two little angels! :)

    ReplyDelete