Thursday, April 8, 2010

New Doctor

Tim and I had our first consultation with Emory Reproductive Center today. We really liked the doctor we met with and he was much more informative than our doctor at RBA. The doctor mentioned many things that we were'nt told at our appointments with other reproductive doctors, so we are going to go forward with in vitro at Emory. We feel really comfortable with the doctor and they seem to spend a lot more time and attention to us explaining every detail thoroughly.

The first step was blood work, ten viles of blood taken from me this morning and two from Tim. Im suppose to hear back from the doctor today or tomorrow with the lab results. Next step, I have to wait for my period to start so I can have diagnostic lab work and a diagnostic ultra sound done. Then a couple days after my period is over I'll have a sonohysterogram. The doctors will blow up my uterus with saline to check for polyps and they will insert the tube that they will use to perform in vitro to make sure I dont have anything blocking the path of the tube. I've already had a hysterosalpingogram so I dont have to do that procedure done again.

Then Tim will need to go in to have a procedure to extract his sperm. Poor Timbo, they have to cut a peice of tissue from his testicle to get the sperm out and then they will freeze it. I will be put on medication (shots I have to give myself daily) to get my eggs nice and big. During that time I will go in to have blood work done regularly to make sure my follicles are healthy and there's enough of them. Then I will have surgery to remove my eggs. The doctors will fertilize my egss with Tim's sperm and put them back in me about five days later and then we wait to see if we made a baby!

So far we have enough money to cover my part of in vitro and my medication, but Tim's surgery is an extra expense that we are praying our insurance will cover. Thanks again to everyone for lifting us up in prayer!! We are so grateful for your support! Much love and blessings to you!! I can't believe the day if finally here that we can take our first steps towards in vitro!! God is soooooo good!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm so happy you guys got that second opinion! This certainly sounds like the right place for you. I'm so excited for you two! You are always in our prayers. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you Sas and Tim! I can't wait for you to come visit this summer!!

    ReplyDelete