Monday, August 31, 2009

God Blew our Expectations through the Roof

I am so glad God is so much more capable than the limitations I set on him!! After a week of rain I was very nervous about having our yard sale last Saturday. I want to praise God for the beautiful weather he provided for our yard sale (Id like to think God stopped the rain just for us that day!)
The yard sale was a HUGE success! Not only did our amazing friends and family all pitch in and donate great things for our yard sale, but God brought the traffic in for all those items to be bought up! We had fun talking with the people and letting them know our purpose for having the yard sale. I got a kick out of watching my Mom work her sales magic as she followed behind people watching what they picked up and telling them “oh that is totally your style, you need that.” We even met a couple of parents of friends Tim and I went to high school with.
When it was all over I had tears of joy. I was overwhelmed with emotion because I felt so loved and supported by everyone. Tim and I are so grateful to have friends who want to be involved with our journey to have a child. We were so touched by the generosity of everyone who wanted to give to our yard sale and kept thanking God for the great friendships he has given us. I also want to give a HUGE thank you to my parents who had to park outside for the rainiest week ever because we took over their garage with all our yard sale stuff. Thanks for your support and help and thanks for giving up your weekend so we could have our yard sale at your house.
God is soooooooooo GOOD!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! I am so glad it was a success! God is awesome! He loves seeing you put your trust in HIM so He can blow you away with His blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad the yard sale was rain-free and a big success! God is good!

    ReplyDelete