Monday, August 10, 2009

Do not become weary......

Our sermon this past Sunday was very uplifting to me, so I thought I’d share a lil about what was preached. The series we are on is called “Hanging on When You Feel like Letting Go” Dr. Cooper’s sermon was on Galatians 6:7-9 and focused on “Let us not become weary …. we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”
Dr. Cooper’s message taught me to have the mentality of a farmer. They plant a seed in the ground and know they have to wait patiently till another season for those seeds to produce a harvest. It would be absurd to plant a seed one day and then jump out of bed the next day expecting to see a crop. I get so frustrated with how this world has wired us to be soooooo IMPATIENT! What ever gave our generation the idea that we can have every thing our parents have right now that they’ve worked thirty years to get?? We plant our seed and we expect to have a crop the next day. Then we get angry with God if we can’t have what we want when we want it. Or we take matters into our own hands and rush the process to get what we want not realizing we are missing out on God’s full plan and blessings that would have been a million times better than the way our plan turned out.
Looking back at my life, I am so grateful for the seasons of prayer and patiently waiting and growing and learning and maturing. Glancing back, I see God’s plan now and why I didn’t get what I prayed for right then and there. With out those seasons of waiting I could not have fully reaped the harvest God had for me (which in the moment seemed like an antagonizing period of time with out getting an answer from God).
I am assured by God’s word that tells us we WILL reap a harvest if we do NOT give up. I am grateful that when satan tells us we can not get pregnant, God makes a way for us to get preggers! It might take longer than I had planned, but I’m so excited to reap the harvest in the proper season!! I see our situation as a testimony to give God all the glory. Thanks to all our family and friends for all your love and support! I pray over all of you reading this that you will be planting good seeds, that you will not become weary, and that you will reap your harvest!!

2 comments:

  1. That was awesome!!! Thanks for sharing! PS.My mom tried to comment to y'all but couldn't figure it out, haha! Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it is awesome!! I'll be praying for you guys!
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete